FAQsAll your Questions answered in one place
Some of your Questions:
- Who is eligible to participate in NSTC?
- Is online transfer of application processing fee through online Bank
- Is the last date for submitting nomination forms for each subject different?
- What is the syllabus of NSTC?
- What is the pattern of NSTC paper?
- Will I get any admit card for appearing in NSTC Screening Test ?
- How many students can an Institution nominate?
- Can younger students apply in NSTC?
- Where will the Screening Test of NSTC be conducted?
- Can I change the Subject I have mentioned in my Nomination form later on?
- Can I be an alumni with out attending the Training Camp of NSTC?
- Can I get the certificate with out attending the first Training Camp?
- Where the Training Camps of NSTC going to be held?
- What is the Tentative Schedule for next NSTC?
- Can a student participate in more then one Subject?
- What is the pattern of NSTC paper?
- How the students of O/A Level will enter their percentage of their Grades?
Q. Who is eligible to participate in NSTC?
1) have scored an aggregate of 60% or more marks in core subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics of Matric/O-level.
2) are 1st year F. Sc. /A-level Student (i.e. will not taking part II exam of A Levels/Intermediate in current year).
3) are of age not more than 20 years and will not be enrolled in any university on 30th June 2022.
Q. Is online transfer of application processing fee through online
You can deposit the application processing fee through bank Account # 00427991660803(Account Title: PIEASAPF) of Habib Bank Limited. This fee can be deposited in this online account through any online HBL branch any where in Pakistan. You must attach scan copy of Fee challan (bank stamped) with bank details in online registration (Step 2) Your application will not be considered without filling STEP (2)
Q. Is the last date for submitting nomination forms for each subject different?
Last date for submission of forms is same for all subjects as mentioned on Advertisement and news section , Click here
Q. What is the syllabus of NSTC?
The syllabus of first section of 20 marks MCQ is Matric/O level for each subject. For the second section for the selected subject the syllabus is Matric/O level. You may use normal Matric/O level books OR see the reference link Click here
Q. What is the pattern of NSTC-18 paper?
You can download the sample paper from NSTC website or by Click here . For any further information please contact....
Q. Will I get any admit card for appearing in NSTC Screening Test ?
Yes! You will get an admit card after your nomination has been confirmed . Check your application status Click here (if you have online submitted your online nomination form
Q. How many students can an Institution nominate?
The institution may nominate any number of students, who scored an aggregate of 60% or more in science subjects. Students can also apply online independently from anywhere.
Q. Can younger students apply in NSTC?
Exceptional bright young students can also apply, provided they are nominated by their institutions using criterion such as performance of students in the class or their score in the last S.S.C/O-level examination. However, the institute should explicitly mention the selection criterion used by them in your nomination form for this category.
Q. Where will the Screening Test of NSTC be conducted?
The test will be conducted in about 19 major cities through out the country, including QUETTA, ABBOTTABAD, D.I.KHAN, SWAT, PESHAWAR, GUJARANWALA, GUJRAT, BAHAWALPUR, MULTAN, FAISALABAD, SARGODHA, LAHORE, KARACHI, HYDERABAD, SUKKUR, GILGIT, CHITRAL, ISLAMABAD, MUZAFFARABAD subject to suitable number of candidates applying from that city.
Q. Can I change the Subject I have mentioned in my Nomination formlater on?
You cannot change the subject you have chosen in your registration form.
Q. Can I be an alumni with out attending the Training Camp of NSTC?
The students who haven't attend any Training Camp of NSTC cannot be NSTC alumni even if they had passed the Screening Test of NSTC. The IMO basically comprises of the following topics: (1) Algebra (Inequalities, Polynomials, Functional Equations, etc) (2) Geometry (2D and 3D) (3) Number Theory (4) Combinatorics These topics (and the required level) are not taught at high-school. So if you are really keen and enthusiastic, you could read up some books on these topics for the IMO. For the exact course of the first camp, you will have to contact Dr. Sarfarz Ahmed.
Q. Can I get the certificate with out attending the first Training Camp?
No, As per policy we only give certificates for Participation in the First Training camp.
Q. Where the Training Camps of NSTC going to be held?
The Training Camps will be held at the following Home Institutions (HI's) of NSTC. H.E.J Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi (Chemistry) National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE), Faisalabad (Biology) Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Nilore, Islamabad (Physics) Department of Mathematics, CIIT, Lahore (Mathematics)
Q. What is the Tentative Schedule for next NSTC?
Registration for NSTC starts in September every year
Q. Can a student participate in more then one Subject?
No. You can only participate in one subject.
Q. What is the pattern of NSTC paper?
You can download the sample paper , Click here . For any further information please contact....
Q. How the students of O/A Level will enter their percentage of their Grades?
Student of O/A Levels will enter their Equivalent percentage according to their grades in Core Subjects : Physics, Chemistry, Mathemtics , Biology/Computer. Also in Total marks percentage in the Online Registration form. eg: A*= 90, A=85, B= 75,C=65, D = 55 , E= 45 etc.